Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday Tip: Scrapbooking and Creativity Podcasts

Hi everyone! Amy here to chat a bit about one of my favorite things ... podcasts!  Podcasts are a great way for me to learn something new or dive deep into topics that are of interest to me. If you have an interest, there is a high likelihood that there is a podcast out there for you! If you want more information on what podcasts are and how they work, you should visit this site for more information!

But, today, I'm going to focus on scrapbooking and creativity focused podcasts. I work full-time so my scrapbooking/creativity time tends to fall on the weekend. But, I love listening to podcasts all week that help keep me in a creative mindset! I listen to them in the car, while I'm cleaning house, cooking dinner, putting away laundry, etc! They are great company!

Here are just a few that I recommend (you can also find them via the iTunes store - just search for them):

1. The Digi Show is my go to podcast as it is about all things digital scrapbooking! I believe it is the only podcast specifically focused on digital scrapbooking. (If you know of another, let me know!!) Hosted by Steph from the Daily Digi with regular guests Katie the Scrapbook Lady and Peppermint Granberg. It's a fantastic podcast that I look forward to every week!

2. Paperclipping Roundtable is a scrapbooking podcast run by Noelle who owns the Paperclipping website. This website is a lot of fun and very informative. Much of what they discuss is relevant to the world of digital scrapbooking but even those episodes more focused on paper scrapbooking offer a great deal of value! The have had a variety of guests on the show - Ali Edwards, Angie Lucas, Stacy Julian, Ana Cabrera, and Debbie Hodge to just name a few!

3. Layout a Day: The Simple Scrapbooking Podcast with Lain Ehmann is a newer scrapbooking podcast for me. But, I am really liking it so far! Lain has a lot of tips and techniques that are applicable to all types of scrapbooking.

4. Creative Living with Jamie is a podcast that really focuses more on creativity than scrapbooking but I learn something from it every time that I listen. Focusing on creativity and living an authentic life really helps keep me focused on the creative side of me, even when I'm not able to actually BE creative! I think that she has a show featuring Ali Edwards so perhaps that would be a good one to start with!

I hope you'll enjoy these four podcasts which I think are a great first start in terms of scrapbooking/creativity podcasting! If you have other favorites, please leave a comment! I'd love to hear about them! Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: