Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hybrid Home Freebie!


Hi! It's Nikki here with a little printable hybrid freebie for you! I used Wendy's new August Mix-A-Kit, Heart & Home, to create a coordinated "welcome home" set… perfect for a housewarming, delivering a gift to a new neighbor, or celebrating any kind of home-coming (home from a deployment? home from college? home from a hard day at the office?). 
Download HERE

The set includes a 5x5 card front (based on a Be Inspired-Ophelia v. 2 template), a gift-bag decor strip, a small gift tag, a business-card sized "call me" card, and a bookmark-sized "important numbers" sheet… everything you need to welcome a new neighbor or congratulate a new homeowner!






This set is designed to print on a single 8.5x11 sheet; keep in mind that different papers will give different results. For crisp, sharp color, photo paper works nicely, but can be pricey. Cardstock tends to absorb ink so it may give a more subdued look, and different cardstocks act differently… you can get some cool results from textured stock (I love printing on linen-y cardstock!).

The beauty of hybrid is that you can simply print the digital images and go…. or you can add your own personalizing touches. I used buttery yellow cardstock as a mat on the gift bag strip (to add additional coverage over the store logo that was on the bag!), and to frame the oval gift tag with a pinked-edge finish (thank goodness I kept my old deco-edge scrapbooking scissors! *wink*). I inked all the edges with blue, and added just a few buttons and bits of string to polish it all off.

I hope you'll have fun playing with hybrid crafting, and I hope there's someone in your life who might be cheered by a bit of Heart & Home!

No comments: